The local and national real estate market has improved the last several years, and it’s important to look at your options when you are selling your home. In fact, our team of home buyers encourages you to explore the different ways you can sell your home, either through listing your home with an agent, or selling your home for cash. Call several realtors and ask questions about their process, and the advantages, disadvantages and trends in the real estate market.
While you may be able to get a higher sale price from listing with a local real estate agent, that doesn’t always mean a significant amount more money in your pocket. In fact, most people are surprised to learn that our offers come very close to giving sellers the cash they would receive with a traditional sale. For example, let’s look at a home that would be listed for $140,000 with a realtor.
Traditional Real Estate Sale
|Carrying Costs (Mortgage + Taxes for 6 Months)*||$ (9,696)|
|Commissions and Fees||6%||$ (8,400)|
|Average Discount Given to Buyer||5%||$ (7,000)|
|Average Closing Cost Assistance Given to Buyer||3%||$ (4,200)|
|Inspection/Appraisal Related Repairs||2%||$ (2,800)|
|Transfer Tax||1%||$ (1,400)|
|Cash in Your Pocket:||$ 106,504|
*For the purposes of this example, carrying costs = ($1,200/month mortgage + $416/month taxes) x 6 months; Your actual carrying costs may vary depending on the length of time your home is on the market.
When you sell your home to Integrity First Home Buyers, we give it a little TLC, and then resell the home to someone who can create new memories in the home. The same home that was listed at $140,000 would most likely sell for $200,000 after renovations. We calculate our cash offer to you based on the list price after renovations, our profit goals and our estimated fees. Let’s look at our cash offer on the same home from the example above.
Cash Sale to Integrity First Homebuyers
|Value After Repairs/Renovations||$200,000|
|Average Renovation Costs for Integrity First Home Buyers||$ (40,000)|
|Total Profit Goal for Resale||15%||$ (30,000)|
|Commissions and Fees||6%||$ (12,000)|
|Average Acquisition Costs|
(Title Insurance, Prorated Taxes, Transfer Tax, Attorney Fees)
|Average Carrying Costs for Integrity First Home Buyers|
(utilities, trash, sewer)
|Transfer Tax||1%||$ (2,000)|
|Cash in Your Pocket:||$ 106,000|
When you work the numbers, you can see a cash sale to Integrity First Home Buyers comes very close to a sale through a listing agent – within $1,000. We will buy your home now for cash, and you can enjoy benefits such as:
- No Open Houses: Open houses are unnecessary, so skip the cleaning of your home so strangers can tour it.
- No Home Inspection or Appraisal: Since homes are bought “as-is,” no home inspections or appraisals are necessary.
- No Repairs: Other buyers may ask you to repair squeaky doors and broken tiles, but not with Integrity First Home Buyers. Repairs and updates will be made after purchasing the home from you.
- Leave it Behind: Do you have decades-old furniture in the basement you don’t know what to do with? Or maybe the washer and dryer is old, and you don’t want it? No problem – leave it behind. Items that are in good condition will be donated to charity, and the rest will be disposed of – at no cost to you.
- Convenient Settlement Date: With a cash sale to Integrity First Home Buyers, you pick the settlement date. Settlement can be in just days or months – it’s up to you – and can be scheduled at your convenience.
If you’d like to learn more about a cash sale of your home, and receive a free no-obligation quote, reach out to us at 717-292-8168 or complete our contact form to get started. Integrity First Home Buyers is the #1 buyer of homes in York, Adams, Cumberland, Lancaster and Dauphin Counties, and has helped thousands of individuals, couples and families sell their homes quickly. Our professional team of home buying experts has decades of experience and can help guide you through the cash sale process. We care about our clients and work to meet their goals in selling their home.